Country: REPUBLIC OF SIERRA LEONE
Project: PAY AND PERFORMANCE PROJECT
Sector: CENTRAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION
Credit No: 5122-SL
Project ID No: P128208
The Government of Sierra Leone (GoSL) has received financing in the amount of SDR 11 Million dollars from the International Development Association (IDA) toward the cost of the Pay and Performance Project (P&PP), and it intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods and consulting services to be procured under this project.
The objectives of the Project are to improve competitiveness in pay, performance management and accountability, and increase staffing of middle and senior staff in, the Civil Service in Sierra Leone. The project will include the following components:
- Component 1 – Support to the GoSL’s Reform Program: This component supports the three reform areas: Pay Reform, Recruitment and Staffing and Performance Management, identified in GoSL’s flagship Public Sector Reform Program. The activities to be carried out under this component consist of:
- Pay Reform: Paying Civil Servants according to the approved revised Pay Structure.
- Recruitment and Staffing: Developing and approving the Recruitment Procedures; prioritizing and filling vacancies in Grade 6 above in accordance with Annual Recruitment Plans; and integrating Local Technical Assistants in accordance with an approved Mainstreaming Policy and Action Plan.
- Performance Management: Designing and implementing an appropriate Performance Appraisal Process; designing and implementing a Performance Contract Management Process for Managers in the Civil Service; publishing the Performance Targets of all Ministries; and evaluating the overall performance of those Ministries together with relevant Non-State Actors.
- Component 2 – Technical Assistance; This component will compliment the first component by financing selected inputs and resources. This component will finance the procurement of goods, consultancy services, non-consultancy services, monitoring and evaluation, training, study tours and workshops. The activities to be carried out under this component will include: Developing and implementing an appropriate communications program, to among other things, enhance the transparency of Medium Term Public Sector Reform (MTPSR).
Developing and implementing appropriate measures to enhance the accountability of the Civil Service through, among other things, the disclosure of MTPSR related information on website, provision of a recruitment complaint mechanism, and the organization of public MTPSR forums. Conducting a comprehensive job evaluation and labour market survey and developing a Grading Structure and a Pay Structure for the Civil Service. Providing technical advisory services to the Public Service Commission (PSC) and Human Resource Management Office (HRMO) for the implementation of Component 1 and the Public Sector Reform Unit (PSRU) for its proper implementation of Component 2. Procurement of Goods under this project will include IT Equipment, Office Equipment, Office Furniture, and Vehicles. Consulting Services under this project will include a Job Evaluation and Labour Market Survey, Impact Evaluation (baseline, midterm and final), External Verification, Monitoring and Evaluation Verification support.
Procurement of contracts financed by the World Bank will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Procurement under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January 2011), and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the guidelines. Consulting services will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits (January 2011). Specific procurement notices for contracts to be bid under the World Bank’s international competitive bidding (ICB) procedures and for contracts for consultancy services will be announced, as they become available, in UN Development Business, World Bank External website, Public Sector Reform Unit website, official GoSL website, and in local newspapers.
Interested eligible bidders/consultants who wish to be included on the mailing list to receive REOI for large-value consulting services contracts, or those requiring additional information, should contact the address below:
Public Sector Reform Unit
Office of the President
8 Wesley Street
Attn: Sonia U. Karim