Freetown, 6 July 2011 – The Public Sector Reform Unit (PSRU) has commenced THE Third Quarter monitoring of Ministries, Department and Agencies to facilitate implementation of recommendations of the Management and Functional Reviews and other reform initiatives. The objectives of this exercise will among others include, to:
- Monitor and evaluate the level of implementation of recommendations in the Management and Functional Reviews
- Provide updates on reform initiatives
- Review implementation mechanisms in order to fast track the process
- Discuss and agree on next steps
- Facilitate the creation of management structures such as Change Management Teams, Policy & planning Units, etc., to enhance service delivery.
The monitoring exercise commenced on Monday 4th July and will continue through August 22nd 2011. During the exercise, consultations will be held with the leadership of MDA’s to emphasize ownership and leadership of the reform agenda from within sectoral Ministries
MEDIA CONTACT: Siaka Wusha-Conteh, IEC Specialist Tel: 232-22-221931; cell phone: 033-443213; email: firstname.lastname@example.org